Welcome to the Fort Wayne International Airport!
At FWA, we value you and your time. That’s why you’ll find perks here that you won’t find at big city airports. From our Customer Service Agents who offer complimentary curbside luggage assistance and shuttle rides to the parking lots, to the short lines at the ticket counters AND at security screening, to the FREE wi-fi throughout the terminal, to the Hospitality Hosts who welcome you to Fort Wayne with a fresh-baked cookie - We’re taking our commitment to improving your travel experience to a whole new altitude.
Fast Facts about FWA
- Owned and operated by the Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority
- Lt. Paul Baer Terminal was expanded in 1996 and has eight gates. The terminal is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- The 11,981 ft. long 5-23 runway is one of the longest runways in the United States and is long enough to handle any type aircraft including the Space Shuttle, A380s, 747s and Military Tankers
- FWA serves around 735,000 passengers/year
- FWA has the capability to offer 24-hour Customs services
- FWA FAA Air Traffic Control Tower operates 24-hours daily
- FWA is home to the 122nd Fighter Wing of the Indiana Air National Guard
- FWA was originally named "Baer Field" in 1941. In 1946, the City of Fort Wayne bought the airport from the federal government for one dollar and renamed the airport "Fort Wayne Municipal Airport". In 1991, the Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority renamed the airport to its current name of Fort Wayne International Airport.
- The FWA complex is made up of over 3,700 acres
- FWA is served by 4 major airlines carriers: Allegiant, American, Delta, and United
Airlines that offer non-stop destinations from FWA include: Allegiant, American, Delta and United. Visit this page for each airlines contact information regarding customer service or booking.
We understand that there is more to travel than just getting on your flight, so that is why at FWA, we offer close, convenient parking at reasonable rates to make your travel experience as simple as possible.
There are several different options for you to choose from when planning your trip from our airports to the destination of your choice. There are hotel shuttles, rental cars, limousines, or taxi cabs. We have provided a brief description of each of these industries as well as the phone numbers of the companies who service each area.
Airport visitors will notice that a trip to FWA is a bit different than a trip to most airports. We want you to feel welcome at our airport so we’ve gone the extra mile to make your time at FWA as pleasant as possible. Our hospitality hosts even welcome incoming passengers to Fort Wayne with a fresh baked cookie!
If you have arrived at FWA with time to spare before your flight, stop by our gift shop, restaurant, or coffee shop for a magazine, snack, or beverage! Options are available to travelers both pre and post security!
Every year, over 22 million pounds of cargo is handled at FWA, supporting the economic needs of Northeast Indiana and Northwest Ohio. At FWA, there are two cargo carriers that can help you and your business send and receive cargo - FedEx and UPS.
Fort Wayne International is a joint use facility that has a variety of hangars and services to offer its GA customers. Across from the main terminal, located at 4401 Altitude Drive, is an upscale FBO terminal, Fort Wayne Aero Center, where pilots will find services including fueling, oxygen services, tie down, aircraft maintenance, avionics sales and service, aircraft parts, de-icing, lav service, and air start.
The Greater Fort Wayne Aviation Museum is a showcase of aviation in the tri-state area, featuring military, commercial, and general aviation. Highlighting the lives of Ft. Wayne's "Bird Boy", Art Smith and WWI Ace, Lt. Paul Baer, the museum brings the romance era of aviation to life through historic details of the old Baer Field and memories of Fort Wayne in the 40's and 50's.