Airport visitors will notice that a trip to FWA is a bit different than a trip to most airports. We want you to feel welcome at our airport, so we’ve gone the extra mile to make your time at FWA as pleasant as possible. Here are just some of the perks you’ll notice:
- Free wireless internet throughout the terminal
- A business center
- Free half hour of parking in the short term and long term lots
- Children’s play areas throughout the terminal
- Complimentary curbside luggage assistance
- A quarterly art exhibit featuring local artists
- Full-service restaurant, bar, and coffee shop
- Gift shop
- Indoor Pet Relief Area - Post Security
- ATM (Three Rivers Credit Union)
- USPS Mailbox located in the Airport Cell Phone Lot
- Video Relay Service for hearing impaired located in the Welcome Center
- Not to mention what we are most famous for: Welcoming incoming passengers to Fort Wayne with a fresh baked cookie! If a Host is not on-duty when you arrive, those famous cookies can still be found in the Cookie Kiosk at the Security exit!
The Welcome Center at FWA
We are currently in the process of reactivating our Hospitality Host Program after its suspension due to COVID-19. At this time Hosts are scheduled on a limited basis as we work to fill volunteer positions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. As an airport community we are all doing our best to ensure that the safety of our volunteers and the traveling public is our highest priority. We look forward to brining this service back full-force to our community!
Due to ongoing construction at FWA, Customer Service Agents will not be running the Parking Lot Shuttle on a consistent basis. Those with handicap needs that are in search of additional assistance should reference our Accessibility page. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
It’s no secret that air travel can be stressful for many people. Hospitality PAWS is Fort Wayne International Airport’s answer to the stress that passengers may feel when beginning their trips. FWA aims to give passengers a calm and comforting travel experience through a group of fully insured and highly trained certified therapy dogs and handlers.
FWA’s Hospitality PAWS program is currently made up of Six handler/dog teams, with each dog being a different breed and possessing a unique personality. The PAWS teams currently come to the airport three times per week for two-hour shifts, with more frequent visits during higher traffic seasons such as the holidays and spring break. All of the therapy dog teams are certified by the Alliance of Therapy Dogs.
Hospitality PAWS handlers and dogs will be wearing nametags - say hi if you see a volunteer team working in the terminal!
If you have any questions about the Hospitality PAWS Program, please contact Katie Robinson, Marketing Specialist.