Aviation Scholarship Opportunities – Save money while pursuing your dream!
There is no doubt about it – going to college is expensive! That is why many money-savvy students seek out scholarship opportunities for a little help with college costs. Students don’t have to look far for some of these opportunities, however. Local organizations often have scholarships they offer to students in Northeast Indiana.
One of these organizations is the Greater Fort Wayne Aviation Museum (GFWAM). Each year, the GFWAM awards three scholarships to high school seniors in our area who are interested in pursuing careers in aviation. Two scholarships, in the amount of $1,500 each, are awarded to an individual who is accepted to an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a career in aviation. One scholarship is given on behalf of the Greater Fort Wayne Aviation Museum and the other by the Fort Wayne International Airport. An additional scholarship in the amount of $1,500 is awarded on behalf of Smith Field Airport to a student accepted to Ivy Tech Community College’s Air Frame-Power Plant Program.
Right now, the GFWAM is accepting applications for these three scholarships. To qualify for these scholarship opportunities, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be in their senior year of high school.
- Students must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must be accepted at an accredited public or private institution of post-secondary education whether it is technical school or a four-year college or university.
- Students must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in a field related to aviation.
- Students must reside and/or attend high school in one of the following counties: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wells, or Whitley.
If you, or someone you know meets these requirements and might be interested in these scholarship opportunities, complete the scholarship application and submit/postmark by February 28, 2014. Application must be completed in its entirety and include the student essay.
So all of you future pilots, mechanics, and airport managers, we encourage you to submit your application for these great scholarships offered by the Greater Fort Wayne Aviation Museum. It can help with college costs, and who knows – maybe you’ll work for FWA or SMD one day!comments powered by Disqus