Join the nationally recognized team of FWA Hospitality Hosts who were credited with earning FWA the title of “Friendliest Airport in the Nation” in USA Today.
If you enjoy meeting and helping others and if you enjoy being around the hustle and bustle of an airport, you will want to consider becoming a member of the Hospitality Host team. Our Hospitality Hosts provide friendly and helpful assistance to the passengers and visitors that come to FWA each year.
Seven days a week, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. arriving passengers are greeted by our volunteers with a smile, a “Welcome to Fort Wayne” and a cookie. As our volunteers walk through the terminal, they provide information about arrivals, departures, driving directions, area events and attractions as well as airport information. Since the program began in 1999, Hosts have given over 85,000 hours of volunteer service to FWA.
Download a FWA Hospitality Host Volunteer Application.
- Be able to work well with people
- Have an outgoing, friendly personality
- Be dependable
- Participate in a background check & fingerprint screening
- Attend the mandatory training program
- Be physically able to perform the requirements of the program
- Volunteer at least one 4-hour shift every two weeks.
- Meet and greet people and give directions to various services within the terminal.
- Provide handouts of hotels, restaurants, and local events when requested.
- Through the use of the many maps at the Information Desk, be able to give clear directions within Fort Wayne and to the surrounding areas.
- Participate in a comprehensive training program.
For more information on the FWA Hospitality Host Volunteer opportunity, contact Enoch Paul, Customer Service and Safety Supervisor, at (260) 446-3433.