This second shift position performs general airport maintenance and performs snow removal duties; operates all Airport Authority’s motor vehicles and power equipment, assists in the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and equipment, and makes routine and structural repairs to the airport's grounds, roads and buildings. Flexible work schedule, strong initiative and safety focused a must. Position is classified as Heavy Work, working inside and outside.
Sample Duties and Responsibilities
• Mowing and trimming of grass on the airfield and maintaining landscaping around public areas of the airport;
• Operates all of the various Authority owned equipment including snow removal equipment to remove snow and ice from all runways, taxiways, ramps and streets, heavy construction equipment, dump trucks, backhoes and front end loaders.
• Performs construction projects and repairs runway and taxiway pavements including the cleaning of pavement joints and seals same with joint compound for all runways, taxiways and ramps and repairs storm sewers, pavement painting and markings.
• Maintains streets, shoulders and parkways and erects airport signs, fences and gates;
• Makes repairs to airport buildings and roofs including overhead, automatic and security doors, building doors, locks and closures, restroom stall hardware, broken glass, repairs of walls, ceiling and floors; replaces light bulbs and maintains light fixtures; repairs office and public use furniture and fixtures; maintains baggage conveyor equipment and bag return doors, performs minor masonry repair; maintains airport owned buildings;
• Services and repairs all airport vehicles including many special pieces of equipment such as snowplows, snow blowers, sprayers, police and emergency vehicles, sand spreaders and many other items both small and large and builds special equipment as requested;
• Maintains equipment, tools and work areas in a clean and orderly condition; Reports irregularities and abnormal conditions at the airport; Performs duties in accordance with the airport's safety rules and operating regulations and practices.
Click for JOB DESCRIPTION
Equal Employment OpportunityApply for this job!
- Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- High School or equivalent with three to five years of work experience in maintenance (i.e., equipment operation, building maintenance, construction, and/or vehicle maintenance)
- requires basic computer operations experience, including email
- Valid Indiana Commercial Driver's License, Class B of higher or be able to obtain in 90 days
- Available for recall during non-duty hours for emergencies, snow removal, etc.
- Pass federal fingerprint based criminal history background check.
- Must be able to obtain a FWACAA-issued AOA Driving Privileges
- Pass a pre-hire drug screen and random alcohol and drug testing.